The office of communications & local community engagement is your resource for news, publications, social media, and website articles. By sharing info, publicizing VA achievements, and telling our Veterans’ stories, we strive to teach all stakeholders about VA North Texas’s substantial top quality, safe and sound health and fitness care, sophisticated technology and equipment, and talented, proficient doctors, nurses, and staff.
The place of work of communications & community engagement is the preliminary contact for reporters, producers, and other media associates searching for details about VA North Texas , its team, or people.
- Responds to media inquiries
- Delivers topic make a difference industry experts for media interviews
- Schedules and coordinates media interviews
- Shares actuality sheets and statistical facts
- Provides shots/illustrations or photos of facilities
- Distributes information about VA-related outreach and events
- Advance recognize of on-internet site interviews is vital, so employees can prepare locations for media interviews or photo shoots, and coordinate suitable tale sources.
- Adherence to federal suggestions relating to patient privateness as outlined by the 1996 Health and fitness Coverage Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), necessitates media browsing our facilities be escorted by 1 of our staff members users. This also makes certain you acquire the most correct details in the timeliness method attainable.
- Media obtain may possibly be confined or denied to any area of a facility at the discretion of the VA North Texas govt health care center director, the patient’s wellbeing treatment workforce, or particular person medical professionals.
- The place of work of communications & local community engagement is demanded to entire VA Sort 10-3203 “Consent for Use of Photo and/or Voice” prior to generating or utilizing images, video, or voice recording of any VA patient.
- All media staff are requested to check in with the office of communications & community engagement or VA Police on arrival on VA grounds.
- The office of communications & community engagement don a VA-issued media go at all occasions even though on campus at any VA North Texas facilities or clinics.
- The place of work of communications & local community engagement return the VA-issued media pass to VA Law enforcement or the business office of communications & neighborhood engagement upon departure.
University study assignments
If you desire to job interview a Veteran about their armed service knowledge, you are encouraged to speak to a Veterans Company Group for help. In this article are some sources outside of VA: