IRC Atlanta’s Resettlement program delivers entry to top quality, customer-centered, detailed overall health treatment companies to refugees and immigrants through neighborhood principal treatment companies. The Health care Assistant will concentrate on operating carefully with shoppers and immediate staff to prepare and coordinate a variety of shopper wellness treatment expert services, such as professional appointments. This is a full-time, minimal time period position.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to respond to the major health-related treatment demands of shoppers.
- System for and coordinate the shipping and delivery of health-related treatment pre- and write-up-arrival.
- Support with building partnerships with local clinical and mental wellbeing provider suppliers.
- Present well being-linked information to recently arrived shoppers through Cultural and Ingestion Orientations.
- Get the job done with IRC personnel to recognize freshly arrived shoppers for most important wellbeing treatment appointments and necessary specialty treatment.
- Refer clients for specialist appointments.
- Help clientele in accessing neighborhood health and fitness treatment and PCP providers together with scheduling and encouraging efficient participation in health treatment appointments with providers.
- Aid with coordinating consumer accessibility to transportation and interpretation expert services for health and fitness treatment appointments. Transport shoppers to and from health practitioner appointments if required.
- Coordinate with colleagues and nearby health treatment suppliers to ensure customers have entry to culturally and linguistically suitable solutions.
- Assist with conducting plan wellness checks and link households to proper providers.
- Put into action monitoring system for shopper most important treatment and expert appointments.
- Keep open up and efficient conversation with other IRC applications as appropriate.
- Actively participate in routinely scheduled workers meetings.
- Other obligations as assigned.
- Bachelor’s diploma in public health, social operate or relevant field of examine favored.
- Relevant qualified experience in community health, human expert services industry demanded bare minimum of 1 years’ expertise strongly favored.
- Experience performing with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
Shown Skills & Competencies:
- Solid marriage creating, diplomacy, and networking competencies capability to proficiently establish inside and exterior relationships.
- Demonstrated good results operating and speaking properly in a multi-cultural ecosystem.
- Self-starter with exceptional dilemma-solving techniques merged with the tested capacity to multi-task, prioritize duties, and deal with time efficiently.
- Consideration to depth and precision in do the job product or service.
- Fluent in English, the two spoken and composed proficiency in Dari and/or Pashto is strongly most popular.
- Proficient in Microsoft Business apps (Word, Excel, Outlook) capacity to use the net and other digital applications for information entry, research and dilemma-fixing reasons.
- Legitimate driver’s license and accessibility to a personal, insured motor vehicle.
- A mix of typical workplace setting, distant work, and ‘field’ time within just the provider supply region to execute the higher than outlined obligations.
- May need occasional weekend and/or evening do the job.
COVID-19 Vaccination Prerequisite: In accordance with IRC’s responsibility to give and sustain a workplace that is absolutely free of acknowledged dangers and our dedication to safeguard the wellness of our employees, consumers, and communities, IRC involves new hires to furnish evidence of vaccination in opposition to COVID-19 in buy to be regarded for any in-business office or hybrid positions. All IRC US workplaces demand total vaccination to go to any in-workplace functions (e.g., conferences, trainings).
Determination to Variety and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to constructing a assorted organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly inspire apps from candidates who can show that they can lead to this objective.
Equivalent Chance Employer: We are an equivalent option employer and worth variety at our enterprise. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, coloration, national origin, intercourse, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital position, veteran status, or disability status. We will guarantee that people today with disabilities are provided realistic accommodation to take part in the job application or job interview system, to perform necessary job features, and to get other rewards and privileges of employment. Remember to make contact with us to request lodging.
US Positive aspects: We provide a in depth and really aggressive set of benefits. In the US, these include things like: 10 ill days, 10 US holiday seasons, 20-25 paid out time off times based on role and tenure, healthcare insurance plan starting at $120 per month, dental setting up at $7 for each thirty day period, and vision starting off at $5 for each thirty day period, FSA for health care and commuter prices, a 403b retirement discounts options with quickly vested matching, incapacity & lifetime insurance policy, and an Worker Help Plan which is readily available to our personnel and their families to support counseling and treatment in moments of crisis and mental wellbeing struggles.